Palming Meditation diminishes eye fatigue and helps relax the face and entire body. It can help soothe frazzled nerves and improve concentration. Try Palming Meditation when you’re having trouble focusing, feeling restless or unsettled. This is also a great way to transition from a hectic day to a quiet evening.
- Sit in any comfortable position with a tall, extended spine. If you are wearing glasses, remove them and place them nearby. Close your eyes.
- Rub the palms of your hands together vigorously, creating heat and charging them with energy.
- Cup your palms gently over your closed eyes, fingertips resting lightly on your forehead. There should be no pressure on your eyeballs.
- Allow your eyes to relax, which helps release tension throughout the whole body.
- Breathe slowly and deeply, sensing the warmth of your hands settle over your eyelids.
- Inhale as you silently repeat: I see clearly.
- Exhale as you silently repeat: Beauty surrounds me.
- Continue for as long as you wish, focusing on any images of beauty that may arise.
- Bring your palms together in prayer position, placing the thumbs between your eyebrows at the third eye center. Acknowledge all the beauty around and within you.
- Lower your arms. Blink a few times. View the world through new eyes.