We’re not grateful because we’re happy; we’re happy because we’re grateful.
Studies show that when we smile, we relax hundreds of muscles in our body. The body sends a positive message to the mind and we feel calmer, happier, and more at peace.
· Sit comfortably with a tall, extended spine; shoulders are down and away from the ears.
· Close your eyes. Inhale deeply as you imagine breathing in pure, positive energy.
· Exhale slowly, expelling all negativity.
· Continue inhaling positive energy and exhaling negative thoughts for as long as you wish.
· Allow a smile to grace your lips.
· Inhale and say: I feel happy. Exhale and say: Because I am.
· Repeat for several more rounds (inhale: happy / exhale: I am).
This simple meditation can be practiced anywhere, anytime. Just smile and breathe!
· Promotes feelings of happiness and serenity
· Slows the “monkey mind” by bringing you back to the present moment
· Reduces blood pressure and heart rate
· Calms the entire being
~ from Essential Yoga